We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
(1) What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us i.e. Name, Address & telephone number
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters i.e. your email address
Any other information that you choose to send to us; and
We may send a cookie which may be stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability and for marketing purposes. We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website, and to personalise our website for you. Our advertisers may also send you cookies.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites
(3) Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
Administer the website;
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- Enable your use of the services available on the website;
- Send you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
- Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- Send to you our newsletter that relates to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology. You can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
(4) Disclosing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors as is considered to be reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law, or in connection with any prospective or ongoing legal proceedings
- To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information
- Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
(5) Retaining personal data
Personal information that we process shall not be kept longer than is necessary for that the purpose(s) for which it was provided. We will also keep personal data:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law or if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk
(6) Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will NEVER ask you for your password.
(7) Policy amendments
(8) Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00).
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email to email@example.com at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.
(9) Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
(10) Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
(11) Data Protection Registration
We are registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office. Our data protection registration number is ZA071985.