You will be responsible for managing new contracts from the agreed job description requirements, through the design stages to the point of issuing design drawings. Once the project reaches the production stage, you will support the manufacturing departments to ensure a smooth and effective completion of the build. For new product design and ongoing product improvement, you will be contributing towards the design activities as part of cross functional design teams in order to continually upgrade and improve the range of standard product designs.
- Project assess and review of customer requirements including technical support for sales
- Project design to ensure customer requirements are converted into effective design solutions
- Creation of bill of material records including standard and non-standard parts
- Purchasing materials and be involved in the procurement processes
- Supporting manufacturing activities throughout the build and completion process
- Provide input to and contribute to standard product design improvements
Design Engineers will be expected to have a good communication skills and have the ability to liaise on technical issues with both internal and external customers.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Must have SolidWorks experience.
- Mechanical or Production Engineering background to minimum HNC level (or equivalent).
- Broad design and draughting experience, mechanical engineering including SolidWorks.
- Comfortable with full range of PC office software applications.
- Time served manufacturing experience desirable.
- Knowledge of, interest in, lean manufacturing and value engineering.