OnPoint logistics take aim with Tiger fleet
- New straight-frame and double-deck ‘tall-boy’ trailers enter service
- Double-decks for use on new Palletforce partnership
- Deliveries of new Tiger product signal departure from used market
- “Tiger Trailers is a premium brand and the trailer products we now have in our fleet have been designed and manufactured to exacting standards,” Anthony Delaney, Onpoint
Birmingham-based haulage and distribution specialist, OnPoint Logistics, is receiving deliveries of nine new tri-axle trailers from Winsford-based Tiger Trailers. The new curtainsided trailer fleet comprises straight-frame and new double-deck ‘tall-boy’ trailers to coincide with OnPoint’s recent partnership with Palletforce embarking on operations throughout the UK and overseas.
An order for a further double-deck trailer has been placed for delivery next year in anticipation of business growth with Palletforce.
The trailers are among the first to be produced at Tiger Trailers’ new £22 million manufacturing facility on the Winsford Industrial Estate. An official opening for the new factory and office complex is scheduled for the beginning of March.
The delivery of ‘new’ trailer product also marks a departure for OnPoint after traditionally acquiring its trailers through the used market. Operations Director, Anthony Delaney, explains, “The shift in our trailer acquisition policy reflects that of recent new truck deliveries – premium-duty, big cab three-axle tractor units, including two new DAF XF 6×2 tractors with Super Space Cabs. We’re increasingly working with Blue Chip companies in the automotive and retail sectors,” he says, “and our on-road presence must underscore and reflect these business relationships.
“Tiger Trailers is a premium brand and the trailer products we now have in our fleet have been designed and manufactured to exacting standards. The expertise and experience behind the Tiger brand appears to be a good indication of a high-quality product.”
The Tiger double-deck trailer is also a first for Onpoint as the company begins its partnership with the Palletforce network. Anthony Delaney adds, “Double-deck operations are the clear and obvious solution to maximising volume-based loads, and the Tiger Trailers design suits our needs ideally.
TTC13S Tri-Axle Curtainsided Straight Frame
- EN12642XL Rated
- Aerodynamic side guards
- Front Aero Blimp with internal strap stowage
- Aluminium alloy wheels
TTC23D Tri-Axle Curtainsided Double-Deck Step Frame
- ¾ fixed deck rated to 10,000kg
- Wrap around rear curtain facility
- Front aero dynamic blimp with strap stowage
- Full LED lights with extra reversing lights for additional safety
- Unique OnPoint/Palletforce curtain livery.